As a certified NaNoWriMo-aholic, I could never get over the letdown I felt at the end of November when I no longer had a writing stats page to input my word count and watch my progress graph grow. For me, having a visual of how much I was accomplishing has always led to the motivation I needed to create even more progress. So in 2011, I went about creating my own motivation and the Writing Progress Spreadsheet was born. I shared it with a few friends and before long, hundreds of writers were using it, loving it, and thriving under the accountability and intrinsic rewards it offered. Over the years it has evolved based on requests from users to include more projects, revision tracking, and goal setting. If you’re looking for a little extra kick in the pants in 2017, check out the features of the Writing & Revision Tracker.
The Spreadsheet Includes
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly writing statistics for up to 8 projects.
- Customizable project names.
- Monthly goal setting for writing and revisions for each project.
- Project goal setting.
- Visual calendar layout that automatically calculates your day, week, and month totals. Weeks start on Monday.
- Revision tracking by word count or page number.
- Graphs to display your progress toward your monthly writing and revision goals.
- Yearly totals for each project, each month, for writing and revisions.
- A writing and revisions grand total for the year.
- Also works in Numbers for Mac users and, so far, any other spreadsheet program.
What Others Have Said
Jamie’s Writing & Revision Tracker is indispensable for the busy writer. Anyone who needs a boost to keep their project on target or who is juggling multiple projects at various stages of development needs this fantastic tool.
– Aimie K. Runyan, Author of the Daughters of New France series and Daughters of the Night Sky
I’ve used this spreadsheet for years, since I was a novice writer. I love how easy it is to keep track of my words and projects. Once you use this fantastic tool, you’ll never go back to another way again!
This spreadsheet has saved my OCD mind tons of angst. I love it and would be lost without it!
Love the way it visualises my progress, or spurs me on to get writing done! A great motivator. Thank you, Jamie!
I love being able to see a year’s worth of progress at a glance — and keeping track of daily and weekly word counts is so motivating.
Get Your Copy
If you’re ready to get your copy, click the button below to purchase the Writing & Revision Tracker through PayPal.